Memoir Mondays Free Writing Prompt for September 24, 2022:
If You Were A Free Crayon, What Color Would You Be? Why?
Note: As I marvel at all the wonderful names that the Crayola Company has devised to name its various sticks of color, I am reminded of the importance of being specific when we write. After all, brown is not always the same color as mahogany, and mahogany is not the same color as tumbleweed. Beginning tomorrow, we’ll begin writing some descriptive paragraphs for our journals. To write the description, it is essential to scrutinize what you see in the world and to BE SPECIFIC when you describe those things.
To summarize, your writing assignment for today is to decide exactly which crayon color you are and then, you should write why that is your color. If you are a pink person, are you tickle me pink, carnation pink, razzle dazzle rose, wild strawberry, or some other pink? Why? One way to specify which color you ARE is to specify which color you are NOT. Why?
It’s Not That Easy Bein’ Green
riting is about the WHY of things. Writing is not just a list of facts. It is a descriptive song of specifics and WHY you selected those specifics. This week, we’ll write some specific descriptions.
Jenny Crowther has a great website where she has listed every name of the Crayola crayons. What’s more, she has listed the hex numbers for each color. Web designers should love those hex numbers.
Colors in the Crayola Crayon Box of 24
Colors in the Crayola Crayon Box of 32Colors in the Crayola Crayon Box of 64
- blue, black, brown, green, orange, red, violet (purple), yellow
- carnation pink, blue green, blue violet, red orange, red violet, white, yellow green, yellow orange
- apricot, bluetiful, cerulean, gray, green yellow, indigo, scarlet, violet red
- cadet blue, chestnut, melon, peach, sky blue, tan, timberwolf, wisteria
- burnt sienna, cornflower, goldenrod, granny smith apple, lavender, macaroni and cheese, mahogany, mauvelous, olive green, purple mountains’ majesty, raw sienna, salmon, sea green, sepia, spring green, tumbleweed
(ONLY IN 64 BOX AND HIGHER) asparagus, bittersweet, brick red, burnt orange, forest green, gold, magenta, periwinkle, orchid, pacific blue, plum, robin’s egg blue, silver, tickle me pink, turquoise blue, wild strawberry
Colors in the Crayola Crayon Box of 96
Colors in the Crayola Crayon Box of 152